Take Control of Your Credit
A bankruptcy filing will stay on your credit record for 10 years, but it does not mean that your credit rating is ruined. In fact, individuals who file for bankruptcy often receive offers for credit before they complete the bankruptcy.
At Prescott & Pearson, P.A., we have been helping people get a fresh start with bankruptcy for more than 35 years. We understand that people have many concerns and questions about how bankruptcy will affect their lives today and in the future. Our attorneys will help you learn steps to re-establish your credit after bankruptcy. Please call 651-968-8096 or 888-366-0827 to schedule a free consultation.
You Can Get Credit Again
If you successfully discharge and/or repay your debts via bankruptcy, you should be in a good position to repair your credit rating. Many people are able to re-establish their credit within two years of filing.
Take these steps to re-establish your credit after bankruptcy:
- Demonstrate steady employment by keeping the same job for more than a year.
- Pay your bills and loans on time every month.
- Watch on your debt-to-income ratio so you do not spend more money than you have.
- Get a secured credit card, perhaps with a co-signer. Make your payments on time.
- Check your credit report three months after your bankruptcy is complete to make sure discharged debts have been removed by the three major credit reporting agencies.
- If you find mistakes on your credit report, take immediate action to correct them.
Minnesota Bankruptcy Lawyer · Minneapolis Filing Bankruptcy Attorney
Call for a Free Consultation Today
Minneapolis-St. Paul Area: 651-968-8096
Minnesota Toll-Free: 888-366-0827
Please call us at the numbers above or contact us online to schedule a consultation.